Reliable Temps is looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk for a client located in Greenfield, MA.
This is temp-hire opportunity
Pay Rate: $18-20/hr DOE
Perform all required Accounts Payable functions, ensuring timely and accurate processing and maintenance of all non-payroll disbursements and related documentation. The Accounts Payable Managing Specialist also assists in ensuring compliance with all applicable agency, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Manage day-to-day operations of accounts payable functions, including accurate and timely maintenance and processing of all documentation related to accounts payable.
- Oversee the maintenance of accounts payable records and the generation and balancing of transaction reports.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing and distribution of purchasing/payment documentation including purchase orders, stipends, and 1099’s in compliance with agency policies and state and federal regulations.
- Organize and prepare accounts payable data in the proper form for auditors and funding sources.
- Process payables according to approved cost allocations; ensure payables are approved according to agency financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Provide backup and overflow support for reception and front desk duties, including greeting guests, answering phones, handling agency inquiries, and sorting and distributing mail.
- Work with internal and external auditors and participate in periodic auditing projects, provide information and access to accounting records as required and assist external auditors in completion of their work, including resolving any deficiencies, discrepancies or questions.
- Ensure the payables ledger is closed on a monthly basis and, in coordination with the accounting department, ensure that closing transactions/entries are performed.
- Adhere to the philosophy of “customer satisfaction” and consistently follow the same by providing reliable, responsive, consistent and high quality service in a timely manner to staff and external customers.
- Support and maintain a high performance environment characterized by positive leadership and a strong team orientation as an added value member of the Agency Management team; support CEO- approved goals and philosophies, sharing a fundamental philosophy that enhances the agency’s global reputation within the community.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance record.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- College degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of accounts payable experience
- Basic understanding of accounting
- Must have good organizational skills, proofreading and transcription skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and computer competency
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office