A local equipment supplier is looking for a qualified and motivated Inside Sales Representative.
This person would be responsible for implementing sales initiatives and strategies for an assigned group of customers or market category. Drives demand for company products and services by providing broad support to customers that includes professional level assistance with purchases, information and training on product offerings and functionality.
- Provides professional level support to customers on product information related to functionality, performance and price
- Collects information and feedback from the customer related to requirements, concerns and/or complaints
- As applicable, manages the order process in a professional manner
- Recommends product and service that effectively meet customer needs
- Assists customers and other sales professionals with pricing requests
- Provides accurate information for documenting customer orders
- Applies advanced level product knowledge to assist customers
- Accurately processes payments for purchases
- Processes returns to include completing appropriate paperwork, exchanging merchandise and generating credit receipts as needed
- Greets incoming customers in a professional and timely manner.
- Answers incoming sales calls via telephone, written inquiries and facsimile requests
- Understands and supports established sales policies and procedures to provide proper and effective treatment to customers
- Pulls orders, moves inventory and receives orders from vendors; including loading and off-loading inventory
- Hot Shots orders to customers, in company vehicle, to insure customer service levels are consistently achieved
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area
- Performs other related duties as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years previous sales experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, & ERP
- Mechanical or trade knowledge is a plus!
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence through knowledge and expertise
- Ability to learn and understand product functionality, customer needs and product offerings
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and can interpret bar graphs
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to read and comprehend moderately complex instructions, correspondence, and memos
- Frequently makes decisions of minor importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree
- Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.)