A local farm is looking for Meat Packers in the Athol, MA area.
Responsible for working as a team member to package, label and weigh cuts of meat in an efficient and timely manner.
- Packaging cuts of meat as instructed with the maximum efficiency
- Properly weighing, labeling and naming each package of meat as instructed
- Maintaining the separation of customer product as instructed either verbally or with written instructions
- Assisting other employees with moving meat into the freezer for customer pick-ups.
- Learning the names and packaging required for cuts of meat
- Work as a team member and learn the skills to work at all areas in the meat packing area.
- Adhere to company Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) and companyStandard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work an 8 hour shift starting at 7:00 am
- Ability to read labels and record weights of product
- Ability to add and subtract numbers
- Have good personal hygiene and be clean and neat in personal appearance
- Experience in packaging product preferred
- Ability to stand for a long duration of time
- Ability to lift 30lbs