Accountable to: Production Manager
Primary Objective: Supervise and lead the second shift Extrusion department team to achieve plant objectives for safety, quality, on time delivery and teamwork. Work cooperatively with other support departments to achieve these objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must follow and hold team(s) accountable to all safety policies and procedures in effect on the production floor.
- Work as a leader and member of a team, not only in the extrusion department, but in the company as a whole.
- Develop good working rapport with shift supervisors, leads, and crew personnel, and maintain good communication within the team.
- Work closely with extrusion scheduler to ensure production orders are completed on time and that required shop floor information and equipment (work instructions, drawings, tooling) are available to meet schedule.
- Provide consistent and accurate updates to extrusion scheduler, production and Plant Managers on issues like productivity, scheduling, or any issue that requires assistance.
- Will be held accountable on critical deadlines, quality issues, scrap rates, efficiencies, and all other significant information in a verbal or written format.
- Understand Quality System requirements. Be able to add to and improve on AS9100 and TS16949 documents in order to continuously improve quality. Must be active on the shop floor, performing audits on extrusion paperwork and reviewing procedures with shop personnel. Review training monthly and advise personnel.
- Understand not only extrusion paperwork, but all aspects of paper flow inside Pexco.
- Able to enter all extrusion department data into system accurately and efficiently.
- Must be proficient with computer software, including MS Office, and Novatime software.
- Take assignments and work in an efficient manner, striving to complete requirements in allotted time.
- Conduct performance appraisals for the extrusion crew, setup personnel, material handlers and leads.
- Track attendance and report any problems to manager and HR.
- Keep personnel focused and address personnel issues in a professional manner.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled and maintain a good attendance record.
- Other duties as assigned by management team
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,037.16 – $62,668.41 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Orange, MA 01364: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Production management: 4 years (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)